2011年3月7日月曜日

Guest DJ G.N.T Email Interview




Q1 
Where are you from?

Tokyo, Nakano-Ku

Q2  
When you were child, what did interest you the most?

Nature, the Sun, Insects, Ski
I lived in Otaru, Hokkaido in the age of 6 to 10. In the summer time, I used to go to Tengu Mountain and look for Kuwagata almost everyday. In the winter time, I used to ski in the same mountain almost everyday. Later, I noticed that these experiences are very important points for me.

Q3
When did you ‘meet’ music and how?
What made you think of starting music?

When we were in elementary school, my older brother used to be in a punk band and I and my classmate, MOOCHY, went to see his live. At the time, my older brother used to buy and give me, KENZI, STAR CLUB, the punk music records. Although I couldn’t understand what the musician was singing, I was really attracted to the aggressive sound and later I started listening to UK punk as well. There might be records that I listened to while I was kid, but I don’t remember. So the Japanese punk music is the music that I ‘met’ for the first time. In high school time, I was in a band and a DJ, and I always thought myself being in environment of music that I like. I have been right and left but now I must say that I am in the ‘environment’.

Q4
Who is your respected artist?

JUZU a.k.a MOOCHY
We have been together for a long time. I totally respect his releasing sound, thought, and thinking process. That’s why we do it together. ※Separately from the RUDIMENTS, I am a staff of MOOCHY presented label, CROSSPOINT/PROCEPTION.

Q5
The RUDIMENTS label has been releasing various music in/out of Japan,
What is your standard of selection?
What are the RUDIMENTS’s challenges?

I sometimes think of the ‘standard’, but answer is yet to be found.
In the end, its all ‘myself’. I might sound looking down, but I basically release any genre any racial music that interest me. 

Ofcourse, timing and flow are important; I do not release everything….
Furthermore, we think of the artist’s ‘best’ when it comes down with releasing from RUDIMENTS.

Now, we have a staff, JAHTOME, but I used to be myself for 7 years. I definitely knew that it was hard to do by myself thinking of current and fashion. It is our one of the main purposes that releasing ‘good’ masterpiece, we consider making it last longer as well.
It is because we seek long term relationship, we release the masterpieces that we love!

NEXT CHALLENGE 1 = Continuance
I really think of it being here. I have been feeling how important continuance is with strong core.

NEXT CHALLENGE 2 = Opening of GLOCAL RECORDS
We are opening ‘GLOCAL REACORDS’ in April.
We are lining used ones and new Japanese masterpieces.
Though it is a small space, we would like to make a spot that everyone can share something through music.
Please be expected!!!

Q6
Now, the RUDIMENTS is basically activating around Tokyo area, what do you think of a scene of Tokyo?

I have not seen everything of the scene so it is hard to say anything, to be honest.
We have to believe in what we are doing and have high conscious.
By doing so, fun scene will be created better than now. That’s what I think.

Q7
Currently, people buy music through downloading site more than buying actual CDs, and vinyl users are decreasing. It is now possible for an artist to self-promote on the internet. Moreover, it is becoming hard time for clubs because of restricted law of Fu-Ei.
Now, music scene is in the era of transition, under the circumstances, what is the role of a label? How should an artist be?  

First of all, Fu-Ei law which restricts clubs is a problem. However, under all circumstances, DIY spirited people will find their places, bring system and keep it in high quality. I know there have been people like that. However, it is a problem.  
It might be funny to say this from my position, it is better for an artist/DJ to self-promote, but there are artists who can not do (no bad meaning in any way) so they might be better off to release through label. 
I think that it is okay to release oneself from label although self promoted first, and vice versa
For the later time, there is no loss being various places, but it is important to stand by oneself. One of each should have patient and share with people, I believe that the bigger world appear to one. Placing the story to mine, I feel that I should study more equipments and language.

Q8
The ‘bud’ has been focusing on bass music after the sub woofer invention, what do you think of dubstep music which is the edge of the evolution?

Now we all cannot place a word to describe a genre of DUBSTEP. Based on half-step, tribal, and techno quality, it also connects to UK funky and carnival sound. These days, JAMES BLAKE’s album has wide listeners that do not restrict in one genre of sound. I think that the music has wide and unique expression. Have a high hope in the future!

Q9
You, G.N.T is coming to Okinawa as a Dj, What is DJ?

I think DJ is expressionist but basically has the back scene role. It is because that Dj has the will to enjoy the audience. These years, I have been playing in DJ bar and thinking to make a better enjoyable drinking place. Based on the experience, I rely on the sense to play. However, I play the music that I LIKE!!! And I play off when its off…
Before that I used to play music that ‘you must listen to my DJ’ style. It was mere ego-centric...
 
Q10
Please give Okinawa where it connects through Asia a word, words.

This is the first time in Okinawa.
Though I stay here for a little while, I have many purposes.


□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■


Q1
何処で生まれましたか?

東京、中野区。

Q2
子供の頃はどういった事に興味をもっていましたか?

自然、太陽、昆虫、スキー。
6歳から10歳まで北海道は小樽に住んでました。
夏はほぼ毎日、天狗山という山にクワガタを探しに行き、冬はほぼ毎日その天狗山でスキーをやってました。
後々ですが、その時の経験は今の自分にとって重要なポイントと感じてます。

Q3
音楽に出会ったのはいつどんなきっかけでしょうか?
そして音楽を始めようと思ったのは?

小学生の頃、当時、高校生だった兄貴がパンク・バンドをやっていて、同級生だったMOOCHYと一緒にライブに行ってました。
その頃、兄貴にKENZI、STAR CLUBというパンク・バンドのレコードを買ってきて貰ったりもしてました。
歌ってる歌詞の内容は、ほぼ理解はしてなかったけど、その攻撃的なサウンドの虜になり、その後、UKのパンクも聴くようになりました。
もっと子供の頃に聴いていたレコードとかもあるけど、ほぼ記憶にないので、その小学生の時にジャパニーズ・パンクを知った事が、ある意味音楽との出会いだったと思います。
高校生の頃はバンド、DJをやっていて、その頃から自分の好きな音楽の世界で生きていく。漠然だけどそう決めてました。寄り道もしたけど、何とか今はそこに居れてます。

Q4
リスペクトするアーティストを教えて下さい。

JUZU a.k.a. MOOCHY
MOOCHYとは付き合いが長いというのもあるけど、
彼が放つサウンド、思想、考え方、全てにおいてリスペクトしてます。
だからこそ一緒にやっています。
※RUDIMENTSとは別に、MOOCHY主宰レーベルCROSSPOINT/PROCEPTIONのスタッフもやってます。


Q5
主宰されているRUDIMENTSレーベルからは国内外の様々な音楽を
全くジャンルに囚われずリリースしておられますが、
そのセレクトの基準は何ですか?
またRUDIMENTSの今後の挑戦は?

リリースする基準というのは、たまに考えるけど答えは見つかりません。
結局、僕自身なんでしょうね。こう言ってしまうと偉そうだけど、
基本どんなジャンルでもどんな人種でも僕が気に入ればリリースします。

もちろんタイミングや流れも重要だから、
気に入ったからといって、なんでもかんでもはリリースはしませんが。。。
また、気に入ったとしてもRUDIMENTSからリリースする事が、
そのアーティストにとってベストなのかっていう事も考えます。

今はJAHTOMEとういスタッフがいますが、7年間一人でやってる時は、
時代の流れや流行を基準に考えて行くと、間違いなく続かないと思ってました。
勿論これからもそうです。
良い作品をリリースする事も一つの目的ですが、長くその作品を残す事を意識してます。
長い付き合いになるからこそ、本気で愛着の持てる作品しかリリースしません!

今後の挑戦1=継続
ここにきて本当にそう思います。軸をぶれずに継続することがどれだけ大変な事か日々身に染みてます。

今後の挑戦2=GLOCAL RECORDSオープン
原宿に「GLOCAL RECORDS」というレコード店を4月中旬にオープンします。
中古盤と日本人の新譜を中心に取り揃えて行きます。
狭いスペースですが、みんなが音楽を通して何かをシェアできる場したいです。乞うご期待!!!


Q6
RUDIMENTSは東京をベースに活動されていますが、現在の東京
のシーンをどう思いますか?

東京のシーン全てを観てるわけではないので何とも言えないのが正直なところです。
自分達がやっている事を信じて意識高くやるしかない。
そうすれば今以上に面白いシーンはできてくる。と思ってます。

Q7
最近はダウンロードサイトがCDの売り上げを遥かに超え、ヴァイ
ナルのユーザーも少なくなってきました。
アーティスト個人がインターネット上でのセルフプロモーションも可能
になりました。
そして日本国内では風営法によるクラブの規制も厳しくなっています。
今、音楽シーンは重要な転換期だと思いますが、そのような状況下で
レーベルの役割とは何でしょうか?
また、アーティストはどうあるべきでしょう?

まず、風営法によるクラブの規制は問題ですね。ただ、厳しい状況であろうがDIY精神を持った人達は、自分達で場所を見つけシステムを持ち込み、
クオリティーの高い事をやっていくと思います。
今までもそういう人達はいただろうし。でも問題です。

僕の立場で言うのはおかしいかもしれないけど、
自分でセルフ・プロモーションができるアーティスト、DJは自分でやった方が良いと思うし、悪い意味でなく自分で出来ない人もいるから、
そういう人はレーベルからリリースした方が良いと思います。
また、自分でやってたけど途中からレーベルから、リリースするようになるのもありだし、
逆にレーベルからリリースしてた人達が、途中から自分達でやるのもありだと思います。
色んな現場を見といて損は無いっていうのもありますが、
自分達でやってみる、ある意味自立するというのが、
自分も含め今後大事なのではないかと思います。それぞれが自分の特権を持ち、
それをみんなでシェアする事により、今よりも広い世界が見えてくると思います。
僕で言うならもっと機材の事、語学を勉強した方が良いと実感してます。。。

Q8
budはサブウーファー発明以降のベースミュージックに焦点を当ててい
ますが,その中でも進化の先端と思われるdubstepをどう思いますか?

今となってはDUBSTEPと言っても一言では語れないジャンルになってますよね。
ズブズブのハーフステップ、トライバルなもの、テクノ質感のもの、
そこからUKファンキーやカーニヴァルのような音とも繋がってくるし。
最近だとJAMES BLAKEのアルバムはジャンルを飛び越えて幅広いリスナー達も聴いている。
特徴を持たせながら振り幅のある表現力を持った音楽だと思います。未来に期待!

Q9
今回はDJとして沖縄に来られるのですがG.N.Tさんにとって
DJとは何でしょうか?

表現者でもあるけど、基本裏方だと思ってやってます。
というのは、その場に来てくれているお客さんを楽しませたいという気持ちがあるからです。
ここ数年DJバーでやる事が増え、そういう場所だとお酒が進み楽しくなる空間を作りたい、そう思いながらやってました。
その経験から数年はその感覚でやるようにしてます。但し、好きな曲しかかけません!!!
でも外す時は外します・・・
その前は「俺のDJを聴け」みたいな事をやってましたね。ただのエゴでした。。。。

Q10
沖縄、そしてそこから繋がるアジアの皆に何かひとことふたことみこと。

今回、初の沖縄です。
短い期間ですが色々目的を持って行きます。
お世話になると思いますが、よろしくお願いします!

http://www.rudiments.net/main/
http://www.myspace.com/rudimentsrecords



G.N.T's RUDIMENTS PastWorks
<CD>
2010

SOLEA

Overtone

ALBUM

RMT-CD023
2010V.A. (MOODMAN / Shhhhh)ZZK RECORDS PRESENTS THE DIGITAL CUMBIA EXPLOSIONDJ Mix / CompilationRMT-CD022
2009V.A.ASTEROID DUBALBUMRMT-CD020
2009KILLER-BONGLEIPZIG DUBDJ MixRMT-CD019
2009OLIVE OILDIG YOUR DESKDJ MixRMT-CD018
2009DJ KENSEIWONDERWHEEL presents JAZZ LOVES DUBDJ MixRMT-CD016
2009THE SANDALSYesterday’s TomorrowAlbumRMT-CD017
2009V.A.BASTARD JAZZ & BROOKLYNRADIO.NET PRESENT
BKLYN HEAVY SOUNDS FROM THE COUNTRY OF KINGS
CompilationRMT-CD015
2009BLAST HEADMIDDLE TASTE OF CODEKDJ MixRMT-CD014
2008KOYOBLUE LIGHTAlbumRMT-CD013
2008CENOZOICFAKE JAZZAlbumRMT-CD012
2008V.A. (COMPILED BY DJ KENSEI)BASTARD JAZZ presents JAZZ LOVES DUBCompilationRMT-CD011
2008ZEBZEB STEPAlbumRMT-CD010
2008Main SpaceMain SpaceAlbumRMT-CD009
2008CHIMP BEAMBrooklyn Days 2001-2008AlbumRMT-CD008
2008HYDROPONIC SOUND SYSTEMFUNKY EXCAVATIONAlbumRMT-CD007
2007DJ KIYOBASTARD JAZZ presents… HEAR NO EVIL, SEE NO EVIL, SPEAKDJ MixRMT-CD006
2007CHRONIC SONATAWaiting is DUBAlbumRMT-CD005
2007AKOYA AFROBEATP.D.P. [PRESIDET DEY PASS]AlbumRMT-CD004
2007V.A.ASAP [THE AFROBEAT SUDAN AID PROJECT]CompilationRMT-CD003
2006KINKABEADSAlbumDDCA-2003
2005AKOYA AFROBEAT ENSEMBLEINTRODUCING THE AKOYA AFROBEAT ENSEMBLEAlbumDDCA-2002
2005SNOW BIRDSNOW BIRDAlbumDDCA-2001
2004NXSLIVE APOCALYPSE 0AlbumRMT-CD002
2004accaSHOWCASEAlbumRMT-CD00

<Vinyl>
2010BLAST HEADIN WATER DISCO EP12inchRMT-AL023
2010V.A. (KAZAMATSURI KENTA / KINKA)MARGINAL COLLECTIVE EP112inchRMT-AL021
2010V.A. (THE TCHIKY’S / TRIAL PRODUCTION)OIDE / JUNGLE BATH7inchRMT-AL022
2010DAICHIMANMBILITE EP12inchRMT-AL020
2009AKIO NAGASERUDE MAN EP12inchRMT-AL019
2009KOYOLOVE IS YOUR CARD
〜太陽ぬ落ちてぃまぐれ節〜
7inchRMT-AL018
2009V.A.THE BEST OF CODEK EP12inchRMT-AL017
2009V.A. (COFFEE & CIGARETTES BAND / DULO A.K.A. DJ KIYO)JAZZ LOVES DUB EP12inchRMT-AL014
20097inch SPLIT SERIES 0017inch SPLIT SERIES 0057inchRMT-AL016
2008AUDIO SUTRA SOUNDASSASIN EP12inchRMT-AL015
2008HYDROPONIC SOUND SYSTEMFUNKY EXCAVATION EP12inchRMT-AL013
2008ZEBZEB STEP EP12inchRMT-AL012
2008JUZU a.k.a. MOOCHYYoisura-Bushi7inchRMT-AL011
2008V.A. (JUZU a.k.a. MOOCHY / OLIVE OIL)FUTURE DUB SESSION12inchRMT-AL010
2008V.A (CHIMP BEAMS / ZEB)7inch SPLIT SERIES 0047inchRMT-AL009
2007V.A.STEPPING STONE EP #00112inchRMT-AL008
2007V.A (GREEN GREEN / E.D.O. ECHO SOUNDSYSTEM)7inch SPLIT SERIES 0037inchRMT-AL007
2007V.A (e-mura / L?K?O)7inch SPLIT SERIES 0027inchRMT-AL006
2006KINKAPrayer / Burnin’12inchRMT-AL005
2006V.A (KINKA / AKIO NAGASE)7inch SPLIT SERIES 0017inchRMT-AL004
2005accaaquanote ep12inchRMT-AL003
2005AKOYA AFROBEAT ENSEMBLEU.S.A. (Unilateral System Of Attack)12inchRMT-AL002
2005V.A.EARLY MIX WORKS OF JUZU a.k.a. MOOCHY12inchRMT-AL001

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿