2011年5月22日日曜日

GUEST DJ ATSUKI Email Interview

Q1
Where were you born?

Nerima, Tokyo.
 
Q2
How did you spend your childhood?

I did adventuring in a forest, recorded and watched various movies, drew pictures, played a family computer, played with toys. I was a one of the kids that did not call others to play baseball or soccer; I liked to play by myself. When I wasn’t satisfied playing, I used to wake up till my family sleeps and played. I was a night person from childhood (laugh). I didn’t do my homework and left behind stuff (laugh).
 
Q3
How when did you meet music?

When I was little, I used to whistle my fathers favorite music such as the Beatles, eagles, ABBA, and movies’ sound track. However, when I was 13 years old, I really got shocked by the music of X Japan and LUNA SEA which got me into listening to music really. I remember I was excited by them.
 
Q4
Why did you start playing music?
 
I wanted play the guitar like ‘them’. 

Q5
How did you arrive at the current style of music?

I was floating in the air after I took step away from the band, and this style is the quickest way to do what I wanted to do. Furthermore, I used to see various Djs and said “I really know more exciting music!!! Let me do it!!!” well, I misunderstood and was naïve (laugh).

Q6
Now, you are active as one of the DUBSTEP DJs, and have very special and unique style, do you recognize it by yourself? Moreover, what influences the current style of play?

I recognize it (laugh). I always tell myself not to be the same like others. My aggressiveness in play is influenced by metal and hardcore music.
 
Q7
Who is/are your respecting artist(s)?

All the artists who are in my Ipod! (laugh) I cannot pin point one! My current top 25 playing lists in itunes are Amusement Parks On Fire、A Place to Bury Strangers、The Ghost Inside、Grails、Hammock、The Mount Fuji Doom jazz Corporation、Devourment、Altar Of Plagues、Balkansky,,,,, different genres (laugh).
 
Q8
You sponsor the party of MAMMOTH DUB in Saitama, what kind of party is it? Rumor has it, it is said that it is the best Vibes in Kanto area… Tell me about members as well.

Mammoth dub is the only party where plays DUBSTEP in Saitama. There are over 100 audiences who come and play all the time. We dance until morning, drink, puke, go off, take off clothes, and eat ‘soba’ afterwards in front of Omiya station (laugh). I consistently think that I met right members. Moreover, I made a song and ‘doppelgengar’! It will be psychedelic and experimental track! 

Q9
ATSUKI san gave many tracks to artists in the past. Until now, what kinds of activities were you involved as a track maker?  

I used to bring sampler and mixer to hiphop event and did live. Sometimes, I used to wear leather-face mask and carry chain-saw. I was stupid. Well still now (laugh).


Q10
The ‘bud’ focuses on the base music after invention of sub-woofer, what do you think of dubstep music which is thought to be the edge of evolution?

I think dubstep is great invention in music scene. It is the bridge for isolated genres of music. Even now, I get excited over when ‘the’ artist starts playing dubstep!!
 
Q11
Please tell us about other genres of music besides dubstep which you pay attention!

Acoustic psychedelic rock, Deathcore, DJENT, and hard trance.
 
Q12
What can okinawan audiences expect from your play on the floor?

Please expect full of adrenalin and brutal set (laugh).
 
Q14
Please give us one, two or three words for okinawa and connected Asia.

This is first time for me to be in Okinawa! very excited! It will be a short stay but I will bring back much stuff with me! I have been connecting with many Asians and have good relationships. It will also be for Japanese people but it is too sad that to blame each other just the facts on the internet. We are each attracted by each culture and there will be best buddies somewhere. No importance in countries’ friction. Human beings are all brothers and sisters!  
 



Q1 
どこで生まれましたか?

東京の練馬です 
 
Q2 
どんな幼少生活をおくっていましたか?
 
森に探検に行ったり、色々な映画をビデオに録画して鑑賞したり、絵を描いたり、ファミコンをしたり、オモチャで遊んだり…みんなで野球やサッカーしようぜ!ってより自分1人で何かするのが好きでした。遊び足りなくて家族が寝静まった後もコッソリ起きて遊ぶんです。昔から夜型でしたね (笑) 宿題もやらなかったし忘れ物も毎日してました(笑)


Q3
音楽に出会ったのはいつどんなきっかけでしょうか?

小さいころに父親が beatlesや eaglesや ABBA、映画のサントラとかを聴いてて口ずさんだりしてましたが自分で聴くようになったのはX japanと LUNA SEA。13歳の時で凄まじい衝撃を受けました。とにかく興奮したのを覚えています。

Q4音楽を始めようと思ったのは? 

彼等のようにギターが弾きたくなったからです。
 
Q5
そしてどんな流れで現在のスタイルにたどり着きましたか?

バンド活動から離れてしばらくフラフラしていて、やりたい事を1人ですぐにできる方法が今のスタイルだった。あとクラブで遊ぶようになって色々なDJを見て「俺のがもっとヤバい曲知ってるぜ!!!俺にもやらせろ!!!」みたいな。まぁ勘違いしてたし甘かったですね(笑)
 
Q6
現在はDUB STEPのDJとして活躍されていますが、かなり特殊で唯一無二なスタイルだと思うのですが、自覚はありますか?またそのようなプレイはどのようなものから影響を受けていますか? 

自覚はあります(笑)人と同じは嫌だなーってのは常に思っています。アグレッシブなプレイに関してはメタルやハードコアから影響を受けてます。 


 
Q7
リスペクトするAritistを教えてください
 
僕のIpodに入っているアーティストすべて!(笑)とてもじゃないけど絞れません!
現在のitunesの再生回数top25ならAmusement Parks On Fire、A Place to Bury Strangers、The Ghost Inside、Grails、Hammock、The Mount Fuji Doom jazz Corporation、Devourment、Altar Of Plagues、Balkansky・・・ジャンルバラバラですね(笑)
 
Q8
埼玉でMAMMOTH DUBというPartyを主催していますね?どういったPartyなのでしょうか?うわさでは関東一のVibesとも聞いていますが... またメンバーについても教えてください
 
mammoth dubは埼玉で唯一のダブステップが流れるパーティーです。毎回100人以上の人が遊びに来ます!とにかく朝まで踊って飲んで吐いて騒いで脱いで朝は大宮駅前の立ち食い蕎麦でアフターって感じです(笑)
うちのクルーは面白くて楽しい奴ばかりです。皆、素晴らしいセンスを持ち合わせていて、いつも刺激を受けてます!良いメンバーに巡り合えたな。と常に思います!あとdoppel gengar と曲作ってます!サイケデリックでエクスペリメンタルなトラックになるでしょう!


Q9
ATSUKIさんは過去に多くのTrackをArtistに提供していますね?これまでTrack Makerとしてはどのような活動をおこなっていましたか? 

hiphopのイベントにサンプラーやミキサーを持ちこんでライブしてました。たまにレザーフェイスのマスク被ってチェーンソウ持ってったり。馬鹿でしたねー。今もだけど(笑)


budはサブウーファー発明以降のベースミュージックに焦点を当てていますが,その中でも進化の先端と思われるdubstepをどう思いますか? 

dubstepはミュージックシーンの大発明だと思います。今まで孤立していた様々な音楽を結ぶ架け橋。今でもついにあのアーティストもdubstep始めやがったか!!なんてワクワクします。
 
Q11
現在DUB STEP以外に注目している音楽など教えてください! 

音響系のサイケデリックロック、DEATHCORE、DJENT、hard trance
 
Q12
今回沖縄のお客さんは現場でどのようなプレイを期待できますか? 

アドレナリン全開のブルータルなセットを期待していてください(笑)
 
Q13
沖縄、そしてそこから繋がるアジアの皆に何かひとことふたことみこと。

沖縄は初めてです!とても楽しみ!短い滞在になりますが色々眼に焼き付けて帰りたいと思います!
僕は今まで沢山のアジアの人達と仲良くしてきた。日本人にも言いたい事だけどインターネット上の情報だけで総てを決めつけて罵り合うのは勿体無い。俺たちは互いの文化に惹かれあっているし、きっと気の合う親友が何処かにいるはず。
国同士のしがらみなんか関係ない。人類皆兄弟!






0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿